What the Self-Led Project is.
The Self-Led Project is a personal development program which uses concepts, tools, exercises, and practices informed and inspired by the Internal Family Systems™ (IFS) model for personal development. It is designed to help coaching clients develop Self leadership to reclaim power and choice in their lives.
What the Self-Led Project is not.
The Self-Led Project is not a training program for the Internal Family Systems model. While participants in this coaching program will learn how to use the model for their own personal development, the Self-Led Project is not designed for, nor intended to provide training for the IFS model. To retain the integrity of the IFS model, any training for the model should be approved and endorsed by the IFS Institute (IFS-Institute.com).
The Self-Led Project offers an alternative to the assumption that self help means fixing or improving what is broken or deficient. Instead, this program is built around the IFS idea that at our core we all have a “Self” capable of providing compassionate and wise leadership to our internal world. The Self-Led Project uses IFS to develop Self-Leadership.
With Self-Leadership, a life can be transformed. The objectives the Self-Led Project include:
- Great Connection in Relationships
- More Effective and Authentic Communication
- Increased Confidence and Self Trust
- Access to Personal Power
- Conscious Living to Access Choice
- A Self-Led Life
Rather than teaching self-control and management, the Self-Led Project focuses on Self-discovery and Self-awareness. This leads to effective personal development which is founded in compassion for oneself and others.
Groups have 12 weekly 90-minute sessions to complete each of three modules. Each module is made up of reading and exercises to help the participant become aware of and work with their parts.
- Module 1, Your Internal World of Subpersonalities
- Module 2, Shifting the Power Dynamic
- Module 3, Practical Applications of IFS
The Self-Led Project may be a good fit for you:
- if you want to learn more about your parts and Self. The Self-Led Project will definitely help you with this. The majority of this program is devoted to helping you to learn about and get to know the parts of your internal family of subpersonalities.
- if you are using IFS in therapy, with a practitioner, or in practice groups and benefit from your IFS sessions, but find that you aren’t staying connected with your parts or practicing parts work between sessions. The structure and flow of the Self-Led Project will help you understand your internal system better while providing support, accountability, and methodology for doing your work between sessions. Combining knowledge and insight with practice is a great formula for change.
- if you have read books and/or participated in workshops, webinars, or practice groups and want to learn more about how to apply what you are learning to your own life. The Self-Led Project will serve you well. With 51 exercises designed to access and develop relationships with the parts that show up in challenging circumstances, you will gain new tools that will help you stay harmoniously connected with your inner world for the rest of your life.
- if you want to learn how to use IFS in your business or career. By applying what you learn and using the exercises and practices of the Self-Led Project, you will develop the Self leadership needed to lead yourself and others. Additionally, as you become Self-led, you will regain the power and choice needed to make excellent career and business decisions.
- if you want to learn how to use IFS to improve relationships or for your own personal development. I’ve been on a personal development journey for four decades and have never found anything more efficient than IFS for personal development and improving communication in relationships.
The Self-Led Project is not for you:
- if you want to use the Self-Led Project to learn how to use the IFS model to help other people. There is no doubt that participating fully in the Self-Led Project will make you a better leader, teacher, coach, mediator, negotiator, salesperson, or all-around helper of others. However, this program is not a training program for the Internal Family Systems model. If that is what you are looking for, please go to IFS-Institute.com to learn about your training options.
- if you are willing to spend money and time to participate but are not willing to do the work. Passive consumption of this program will make little or no difference in your life. Successful participation in the Self-Led Project will require a commitment to do the hard work of personal development. The bookstores are full of best-selling self-help books that have been read but not applied. If this describes you, the Self-Led Project could turn this no into a yes as you learn to work with the parts of you that resist doing the work.
- if you are looking for a how-to method or teacher to show you how to live your life and tell you what to do. Participants in the Self-Led Project will learn how to get to know and work with the parts of their inner world. And they will discover who they really are as they shed beliefs about who they think they are or try to be. As the Self-Led Project coach, I will teach and demonstrate how to do the work. But it’s up to you to apply what you learn so you can make clear and wise choices about how to live your life.
The Self-Led Project Looks Like a Good Fit For Me
Get a preview of the Self-Led Project by reading the introduction to the workbook.